Saturday, August 30, 2008

What they said--day 6

"I think you're right, because, you know, when I went to Poland everyone was really was so happy that I was there. So, so many big fans. I thought maybe my last my name was Williams‑owski or something."
Venus Williams

"Actually I learned how to play against her. She's very tough player, like a wall. Everything is going back."
Agnieszka Radwanska, speaking of Dominika Cibulkova

"But I definitely think that it's a matter of another few months and then another player or couple of players are going to raise to the Number 1 ranking and really stay there for a while."
Amelie Mauresmo

Can you win this tournament basically from the net?
"Like just running in?"
Well, I mean not just crazy...
"Oh, a Kamikaze mission, side mission?"
Venus Williams

You ever consider yourself playing at your best?
"Yeah, a couple times in my career. Not too many."
When was the last time?
"I don't know. I have to think about it."
Serena Williams

You every consider bringing back your beads from 1997?
"That was last millennium, so last millennium."
Venus Williams

No comments: