Friday, August 29, 2008

What they said--day 5

"...every set we play 5‑all, but she sometimes played soft, sometimes she hit hard. So always change. For me, it's tough."
Zheng Jie, speaking of Jelena Jankovic

"...if Lindsay is not going to give me the match, so I have to take it from her, so if it takes three sets, it takes three sets. I was ready for three, anyway."
Marion Bartoli

"I have gotten in trouble with the WTA before. I have been on the line as far as tennis apparel goes."
Bethanie Mattek

"...I think she's probably the best British player that I ever played. She has a very good potential, she's very aggressive, and she has a good serve."
Elena Dementieva, speaking of Anne Keothavong

You caused quite a few problems there.
"Yeah, I guess so. It would have been nice to have caused her a few more problems."
Anne Keothavong

...a few years ago, when you won this tournament, I'll never forget that, you were in this room and you were all starry eyes and it was so beautiful to see, how you said, you just...
"Now it's ugly to see me here?"
Svetlana Kuznetsova

"I'm not too sure about my body. If I go into a split, who knows if I'll come back up, you know?"
Jelena Jankovic

No comments: