Monday, August 25, 2008

What they said--day 1

"I was feeling like I play the wall."
Li Na, on competing against Shahar Peer

"....all my thinking is there in Beijing."
Elena Dementieva

"I mean, honestly the kid has no idea if I've won or lost. He napped through my whole match today in the hotel."
Lindsay Davenport, speaking of her son

You have a chance to be No. 1 at the end of this tournament, and there are several players in the same position. Why doesn't anyone want to keep No. 1 in women's tennis?
"Because Justine is not here anymore."
Elena Dementieva

What's it like for you in New York when you walk through New York? What do you like here?
"I like the street number five."
Li Na

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Elena! so crude yet so true. :P

even though i loved momo in the #1 spot, no one quite had their hot little hands around the #1 ranking as tightly as little Ju.

rumours is that Ju is training 2x a week and might come back in 09 or later.

Dani

Diane said...

I've heard that rumor and I believe there is nothing to it other than the wishful thinking of some fans.