Thursday, January 29, 2009

What they said

"Well, yeah, definitely angry. Why should I not be? Game going my way. I'm fine playing with the roof. I think the guys yesterday, it was the same weather. Everybody was playing with the roof. Why today they had to close it? I didn't get it."
Svetlana Kuznetsova, on the between-set closing of the roof in Rod Laver Arena

"This year I didn't take too much time off at all. So I was shocked that my form wasn't stellar for the first match I played in Sydney, let alone here."
Serena Williams

"I think I did some double‑faults not in a good moment."
Elena Dementieva

"Well, Safina's playing well. She seems to never die."
Serena Williams

"What’s the strangest thing that’s happened to you on court?"
"I have no idea! I forget who is serving and who is returning all the time, so that’s not strange anymore. Nobody has run naked on the court in my matches."
Vera Zvonareva

No comments: