Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What they said

"It seems like she's reading my game like in the book."
Marion Bartoli, speaking of Vera Zvonareva

"...if I'm coming for the tournament, I'm pretty confident in myself. If I'm in the tournament, I'm here to try to win it."
Vera Zvonareva

"...she's almost like a ball machine. She just put it back at you all the time, you know, with interest."
Marion Bartoli, speaking of Vera Zvonareva

"Every match is more of a struggle for me than other players because I haven't played this much in a long time. Considering all that, I still think I pulled up pretty well after each match."
Jelena Dokic

"I never watch her matches. I don't need that stress. I have a high blood pressure."
Damir Dokic, responding to reports that he passed out while watching Jelena on television

"Most of the time it's me against myself playing. You know, I play against me, my shadow, myself, everything against me. If one day I will play only against opponent, this will be the perfect day. Then it's the crowd and the Open and me. I hope the next match is going to be ball and the Open and nothing else."
Dinara Safina

No comments: