Friday, January 23, 2009

What they said

"So also here, we had a few good hits. I mean, she's very nice person. We been talking through this week, and also my coach and the coach of Jelena, they become really good friends here."
Alisa Kleybanova on Jelena Dokic

"I think I have a better game than I used to."
Jelena Dokic

"So the air conditioners haven't arrived for your shoes yet?"
"Maybe in ten years time they'll make that."
Jelena Jankovic

"I know what it's like to be down and to come back. I'm really proud and happy for her."
Serena Williams, speaking of Jelena Dokic

"She's just the type of player that likes to hit the first shot and that's it."
Ana Ivanovic, speaking of Alisa Kleybanova

"We've had a lot of difficult situations. I think we all know that. I made it difficult for myself and Tennis Australia and Craig Tiley. There's no excuse for that, no matter what I was going through.

"I've done some things that I'm not proud of. I cannot change that. I said that to everyone. I can just look forward from here, look into the future, and try to really work on things and work on our relationship."
Jelena Dokic

"...today I win too easy. That give me more confidence for next match."
Zheng Jie

"I seem to play well when I get down, for whatever reason. So once I got down, I was a little frustrated. I was like, You know, Serena, sometimes you just play better when you're down. I started playing better."
Serena Williams

"They're getting more and more emotional. Have to get that under control."
Jelena Dokic, speaking of her coach and her boyfriend

No comments: