Saturday, January 24, 2009

What they said

"Can you pick yourself up for the next match?"
"I have to. There is no other way, you know. Because really it's sad what I did today."
Dinara Safina

"From every loss I have to learn and have to analyze what I have done wrong, what I have done good, which is not the case today. I don't think I've done anything right today."
Jelena Jankovic

"When did you realize she really wasn't going to come back into the game?"
"When the last point was over. Because, you know, against her it's never over until you won the match."
Marion Bartoli, speaking of Jelena Jankovic

"She started losing tournament after tournament and she was panicking. Of course she was depressed, but not because of me. She became the fourth best player in the world because of me."
Damir Dokic, in his "apology" to his daughter

"I've won five games, why don't I win six, no matter who the opponent is across the net?"
Samantha Stosur

"I just don't know how many more times I need to prove that either I play or I ready to go home."
Dinara Safina

"How do you think she'll (Azarenka) go against Serena Williams?"
"I don't know. I'm not in the mood for that."
Amelie Mauresmo

"...her ranking should be much higher. She's a top-20 player, for sure."
Elena Dementieva, speaking of Sam Stosur

"It's gonna be some bad days and some days of, let's call, 'survivor days'."
Elena Dementieva

"Come to the court and completely like just shadow is playing. Like, you know, Dinara is there, but just not me."
Dinara Safina

"I telling myself, 'Hit the ball', and just arm doesn't go because my mind is just stupid."
Dinara Safina

"How hard is it for you to shake off a loss like this? Will you be thinking about it for days, weeks?"
"Months."
Jelena Jankovic

No comments: