Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What they said

"By the end of the match, she looked like a little over-heated roadster."
Mary Carillo, speaking of Carla Suarez Navarro

"...I think if you have a roof, why not use it?"
Elena Dementieva

"She's certainly portrayed a confident individual on the court. When I watched two or three of the matches from California where I live, it was just unbelievable how she was coming back from almost hopeless positions."
Rod Laver, speaking of Jelena Dokic

"It was difficult to won any match like this, no?"
Carla Suarez Navarro, on her quarterfinal match against Elena Dementieva

"It was an out-of-body experience. I felt like I was watching somebody play in a blue dress."
Serena Williams, on the court heat

"Were the moths an issue for you?"
"Oh, I mean, it was hot for everyone, you know. They were like ready to die; not to survive a day like that.
Elena Dementieva

No comments: