Monday, January 19, 2009

What they said

"Today I was really, really nervous. I don't know if I ever had my right hand that tight, you know. Pretty much cramped up, especially in the third set."
Jelena Dokic

"One problem that I had was my feet were burning."
Jelena Jankovic

"Always I put too much pressure to me, I must win, I must win, always I was thinking."
Kimiko Date Krumm, on why she retired from the tour

"I always ice my shoulder. It's just something I think I'm probably going to have to do for the rest of my career."
Casey Dellacqua

"Today I wasn't doing so much stepping in as I probably would like to. That's something that I worked on in off‑season. Hopefully, you know, in my next match I can implement that."
Ana Ivanovic

"It's really emotional to win today. What I had to go through, it's really great to have this win. I don't think a lot of people know what it means to me. It's great to be here at a Grand Slam."
Jelena Dokic

No comments: