Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Australian Open--what they said

I expected her to play a little bit different. I was a little bit frustrated first game because I felt she used to be more aggressive on the court. She used to play flat. I think she tries to play a little bit more with spin. And when I play her in Beijing, I thought she played more inside, yeah.
Svetlana Kuznetsova, referring to Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

On the court, age doesn't matter....
Venus Williams

I don't look back anymore. I used to do that a lot actually. I'm fed up with doing that now. I just want to look forward. There's no need to look back.
Elena Baltacha

I noticed you did a bit of juggling on the court during the match. Have you ever considered and alternative career in soccer?
No, I don't do today my best today yet. I can do better.
Svetlana Kuznetsova

I just walk out on the court, I saw all the fans was from her. So I was a little bit nervous. Yeah, the match beginning, I just tell myself, Don't play three set. If play three set, maybe I got nervous.
Li Na

Did you feel like you had a point to prove, given that the tournament organizers wouldn't give you a wild card, they made you play qualifiers?
No, not really. I don't think I have to prove to anyone anything.
Yanina Wickmayer

Are you looking forward to the clash in Fed Cup, which is next weekend, in Poland?
Are you Polish?
Yes.
Yes, I am.
That's why I was crying when you gave the prize money. That's how Polish people are.
Did you want me to give it to you?
Kim Clijsters

No comments: