Thursday, September 4, 2008

What they said--day 10

"I'm not known as the most positive player out there. But I think that's what makes my game exciting, is I have a lot of emotions and lots of ups and downs. But I'm trying to have a little more ups than downs."
Serena Williams

"Most of the time the mind controls, but sometimes even the mind gets very tired of pushing every time yourself. So then this comes the moments that you really, like you say you don't care anymore."
Dinara Safina

Do you think people over-dramatize the difficulty of playing each other at this point?
"I don't think it'll ever be underdramatized until we're housewives."
Venus Williams

"...she didn't make mistake on my first serve. I was trying always to find ace, ace, ace. It's tough when you try something different, you know. Anyway, the serve is not my best shot. I know that, and it's‑‑I improve a lot in the last year, but it's still not very stable."
Flavia Pennetta

"...for the record,I'm aiming for the 2016 Olympics. We'll be playing doubles. I'll be here for a long time still grinding and earning titles and making life hard for anyone and everyone."
Venus Williams

"Venus is a great sport. I think the best sport in all of tennis. I'm probably one of the worst sports, so she always has a great attitude."
Serena Williams

Do you think there might come a point in the semifinals--obviously you'll play Serena or Venus, so the crowd will be with them--where you'll feel nerves, or are you past that point now?
"After being in China playing two times Chinese?"
Dinara Safina

No comments: