Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wimbledon--what they said

...I think both players today played a great match on the court. All I can say is "unlucky for me." Both players were unbelievable. Nothing wrong. Just unlucky. I had two match points. But I can do nothing for these two match points. I think also both players were fighting a lot on the court.
Li Na

If your injury hasn't happened before, are you now thinking, "Why me?" Of all the times for it to suddenly come about. Are you feeling a bit, "Why me?" at the moment?
It's exactly how I'm feeling. Could have been another tournament. Why this one? It happens. It happens to all players.
Heather Watson

We saw the emotions there on the court. Can you put it into words for us?
No!
Sabine Lisicki

...I do know one thing: Never sell the Sisters short. They are fierce competitors, fighters until the end.  Their hearts are as big as that palace called Centre Court.
Bud Collins

Very 70s, and 70s are in right now. So the high-waisted shorts are cool. I really like the back of it, the open back. I've always loved that. I have to ask her if the flowy sleeves kind of affect her hitting, but it didn't look like it. Everything seemed to stay. I thought it was a really cool outfit, and I think it was one of my favorites.
Bethanie Mattek-Sands, referring to Venus Williams

What are you  most looking forward to?

Finish the press conference and go back to the hotel.
Li Na

2 comments:

svente said...

Whoa, that Li/Lisicki match was fantastic. I thought Li was going to pull it out but those 120+ serves from Lisicki were impressive. The best match I've actually gotten to see thus far.

un sex shop said...

I totally match with anything you have written.