Sunday, January 22, 2012

Australian Open--what they said

Would you like to change your game against a particular opponent like Kim, or do you think you'll continue with the same strategy and same type of game?
So what do you think? You think I should change? I mean, I played this way for 20 years already. I couldn't change for next two months.

Li Na
They have wacky matches.
Mary Joe Fernandez, speaking of Kim Clijsters and Li Na

...Most of all, you have someone you can blame....
Chanda Rubin, on the benefits of playing doubles

I gave it (a baby kangaroo) some milk, and it just spit  it all over me. I was like, is this a thank you for just being nice and petting the kangaroo? I got milk all over myself. I guess I deserved that from the story last year.
Caroline Wozniacki

How in the world did you pull that match out?
I have no idea.
Kim Clijsters

Well, I know Vika for I think ten years. We played juniors together. We're the same age, so we played a lot of matches against each other. You know, I think it's always three sets, always tough ones.
Agnieszka Radwanska

Is she (Anna Kournikova) coming to the tournament?
Yeah, she came last year to watch me play. She said she ate about two packets of gum because she was so nervous.
Victoria Azarenka

Maybe 6‑2 up in the tiebreak I was a little bit shocking. Yeah.
Li Na

No comments: