Friday, January 20, 2012

Australian Open--what they said

Next round is against Kim in a replay of last year's final. How does that prospect feel?
Someone make good draw. This only I can say. 
Li Na

Do you think match play is overrated for veteran players? You and Maria and Serena all come in with very little and you're all winning.
I think when you're a little bit older you're capable of, in your mind, to set your mind to what it is like to play a match again. You have your routines. Again, I come back to routines, but they're so important. You have your game that you know that you're going to stick to.

I think when I was younger, I mean, I needed to play those matches to kind of get a feel for how I had to play and what my coach wanted of me and those kind of things. Now I know out there. Even after two years off, when I stepped out there, when I got out on the court, I knew what my game was, and I didn't need a lot of the matches to find that again.
Kim Clijsters

Sum up your progress in with Grand Slams so far? Are you happy with the progress you've made? Could you have done better?
Well, to think if I could have done better I think it's a little bit of a waste of time, because you can't really bring it back. What you can do is to learn from your experiences, mistakes, good, bad, and take it to the next one.
Victoria Azarenka

Other players start at 11:00 am; I start the match at 11:00 p.m.
Li Na

No comments: