Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Australian Open--what they said

Everything was coming just twice as harder than what I'm used to, twice as deep. She cleaned the lines. She played some really good tennis. I wasn't used to it.
Olivia Rogowska, who played Li Na

One game where you didn't have to move a lot was when you hit four aces in 60 seconds. Have you done that before?
I don't know. I feel like I have in some European country maybe. I don't know. But it's a great feeling. It's cool. Especially to do it at a Grand Slam, something you can't forget. That was the only good moment I had in the match, I feel.
Serena Williams

...I like this court a lot. I like to hit on this court also.
Li Na, referring to Rod Laver Arena

I think, if she can get past this match, Jankovic is very beatable.
Chris Evert, calling Christina McHale's match

Do you take much notice of rankings?
No.
Doesn't mean anything?
No.
Have you ever?
No....
Kim Clijsters

No comments: