Thursday, June 28, 2012

Wimbledon--what they said

If she played on grass 365 days a year, she'd be top 5.
Maria Sharapova, speaking of Tsvetana Pironkova

I'm always wanting to be so perfect that sometimes I want to do too much; it's something I'm working on.
Serena Williams

I have a stiff back, but I think it will be all right tomorrow.
Petra Kvitova

I managed to just kind of hit myself off the court, I guess.
Anne Keothavong

It's like watching her drive a Ferrari without using the top three gears.
Thomas Johansson, describing Caroline Wozniacki's lack of aggression

She's a very, very classy player.
Elena Baltacha, describing Petra Kvitova

I started with no motor whatsoever, I was just on pause, everything...my feet.
Maria Sharapova

Good luck with that.
Victoria Azarenka, referring to upcoming grunt-o-meter times

2 comments:

Todd.Spiker said...

TJ had better watch himself. The Wozniackis don't particularly take kindly to hearing something throw such blatant truth back in their faces.

Diane said...

Is he still even in their employ, I wonder.