Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Wimbledon--what they said

At the beginning I think I was sort of nervous.
Petra Kvitova

As well, I was very, very emotional at the end, especially with Judy. She told me that I got the wild card for the Olympics. I just really want to say thanks a lot to the ITF and the committee for giving me a place.
Elena Baltacha

I stayed in Paris and I trained there, every day.
Serena Williams

As an Indian woman belonging to the 21st century, what I find disillusioning is the humiliating manner in which I was put up as a bait to try and pacify one of the disgruntled stalwarts of Indian tennis.

Whatever fate has got in store, it's got in store for you.
Elena Baltacha

I think she played really good, particularly in the first set, but I couldn't find the timing to return on her serve. Then I found it, and I feel much more confidence and then a little bit of experience and a little bit of personality and maybe some good shot from me.
Francesca Schiavone

I just tried to go for a little bit too much. Really, I should have just stuck with how I was playing before.
Laura Robson

Of course I would like to make everyone happy, but it's not that easy.
Petra Kvitova

2 comments:

Todd.Spiker said...

Good for Mirza. You were right, that Sania WAS still in there. Unfortunately, the situation came up where she was poked, proded and used just enough to remind everyone how much of a mind of her own that she actually has.

Diane said...

It must be hard for all asses kicked that Mirza's anger is matched only by her high level of articulation. Go Sania!