Tuesday, June 5, 2012

French Open--what they said

A big change for me was, really, the racquet.
Sara Errani

2 days after losing heartbreaker to Kanepi, Caro releases underwear line. Orange brick not available as color
Matt Cronin 

When you're opponent's, you know, a little bit shorter, it's a little bit easier for me to try and use that serve and my forehand up high. But...when you are that height, they're used to hitting the balls up there, too.
Sam Stosur

I'm very happy for how I play....I want to fight every match, every point.
Sara Errani

She could blast her way through this match in an hour or she could hit every ball to the Louvre.
Courtney Nguyen, referring to Petra Kvitova

1 comment:

Dougie Messenger said...

Courtney is right, but on good days, Petra also hits at least eight amazing touch shots, usually at crucial moments. It's truly demoralizing to her opponents. Think Linz 2011: the Jankovic, Kirilenko and Cibulkova matches. Think Istanbul: the Wozniacki and Stosur matches. The final eight all deserve to be where they are. This has been a tough tournament at some point for each of them, and they prevailed. Go girls! To me the guys, except Fed, are less interesting.