Saturday, June 2, 2012

French Open--what they said

I mean, it's her court, you know. I knew that she's not gonna give it for free. I had to work really hard, and I did.
Varvara Lepchenko

First set, I feel like I always follow whatever she do.
Li Na

What in your game has improved?
I have to say that I improve everything in my game....
Petra Kvitova

They, you know, just the whole team has been believing in me so much and giving me inspirational quotes all the time, saying I can do it.  And being there, always, you know, they fighting for me and they given me coaches, they given me everything that I need.
Varvara Lepchenko

Mary Carillo: By the way, she (Kanepi)'s up 4-1 in the third set.
John McEnroe: We'll give her a 20% chance.

She's a very dangerous player. I was happy I could win match today because I have more experience.
Li Na

She knows what we need to play tennis. She understands a lot.
Petra Kvitova, referring to Martina Navratilova

2 comments:

Eric said...

Diane,

I found the US Womens Ranking info in the match notes for the French Open on wtatennis.com.

Basically if either of them wins their fourth round, they will be on the Olympic team. If Varvara and Sloane both win their 4th round matches, then Venus is out. Originally, Vania still had a chance too because she was going to enter a grass court tournament next week, but decided to pull out.

Diane said...

Thanks, Eric. I did hear that Vania had decided not to play the grass event.