Friday, September 10, 2010

U.S. Open--what they said

You know, some things I already saw--you know, in my head I already knew. Okay, I've played it there, so the next ball will be here. But I need to focus on the ball I was hitting. You know, just made a few mistakes and she took advantage of it.
Caroline Wozniacki

I feel like my career hasn't been traditional in any way. I feel like as long as I'm striking the ball well, I'm gonna keep playing. At this point I'm striking the ball well, so there is no end in sight at the moment.
Venus Williams

I play with passion, but I leave it on the court. Off the court, I'm very calm, and, you know, just not that emotional at all. The tennis is an emotional game. As long as you know yourself and you know which emotions are good for you, which are bad, you can use it to your advantage.
Vera Zvonareva

She hits those flat groundstrokes that stay low to the ground. Is that especially difficult on a day when you're not really in sync with your forehand, or like you said, you're not really feeling it?
No, because, I mean, I was playing really well at periods, and there were periods where, you know, I made mistakes. That's life. You know, I've beaten her before. So, no, it doesn't matter.
Caroline Wozniacki

I always feel good here. If I can give myself the opportunity to get to the second week, play these kind of matches and not get surprised by opponents at the beginning of the tournament, anything is possible.
Kim Clijsters

There are some beautiful players out there today, but all the points look the same.
Chris Evert

Never look back. I'm just looking forward all the time.
Vera Zvonareva

I was hitting into wind; you can hit it harder and flatter. It's instinct, you decide to do it. And it worked.
Kim Clijsters

I mean, in one hour to go through five racquets, it's quite a lot. But, you know, it happens. I will just have to bring some more racquets tomorrow.
Vera Zvonareva

She's always been high-strung; today, she's been unstrung.
Mary Carillo, referring to Vera Zvonareva

I kept the same strings for two years.
Chris Evert

No comments: