Saturday, May 29, 2010

French Open--what they said

When it's important times in the points, in the matches, you remember those things you do outside the court. That definitely transfers to the court as well.
Daniela Hantuchova

She played very often on my backhand, and instead of playing along the line as I did in the second set, I tried to play crosscourt, and she gained confidence again and that will be my only regret. Now, if the surface had been drier and the conditions faster, I would have been in a better position, but that's the way it is. I need to get to grips with it.
Marion Bartoli

I guess you'd say you feel as absolutely ready as you're ever gonna be for this sort of challenge?
Yeah, why not? I'm playing well. I've had a good lead up to the French and had three good matches here. I'm gonna go into it thinking I can win no matter what the case. You're in the fourth round. You've got to believe that.
Samantha Stosur

These are great experiences that I've just acquired. To me, I'm still very much learning, and this was all of a sudden, everything at the same time. I'm happy I could do what I did to start with. But I couldn't go to the very end of it.
Aravane Rezai

Very few hours of sleep. It was very difficult to go, because as soon as I closed my eyes, I could easily see the match again playing in front of my eyes and all the opportunities and what I could have done differently to close it so I could sleep comfortably, but it paid off.
Nadia Petrova

I think that's what's helping me a lot, that in the points I don't rush anymore going for the winners like before, and being able to cut unforced errors because of that, because I know that I can lat in the points and I don't have to rush for the big shots.
Daniela Hantuchova

So I got really nervous about it. Match points were played very safely, way too safely for my liking. But I couldn't get myself to hit the ball and play them as I played till then.
Jarmila Groth

Your questions are too hard for me. I don't want to think about the past. I want to think about the future. I want to move forward, what's up for me next. I have so much to learn, to do and to prove. This is it. It's happiness, only happiness and positive. I have everything to win.
Aravane Rezai

You've lost four times against her. Would you say that she has a difficult game for you?

No, not really.
Isn't she a player you wish you can avoid in the draw, for instance?
No, not really.
Nothing which is disturbing you in her game?
No.
Yanina Wickmayer

What we saw on TV confirmed that the set ball was out with the Hawk-Eye. Do you think we should put Hawk-Eye on clay? 

Well, then it reassures me. It means that I have good eyes. Maybe you should show this to the line judge.
Marion Bartoli

My natural is left handed. I can do everything left or right hand, left or right foot. I'm weird, I know. Kind of it's natural for me to do that. My parents made me to actually play right handed when I was younger because there's a story behind it. When I was born I couldn't move my right side. I was born early, and so my right side of my body didn't function, right? So my parents got scared so they keep working with me, you know, and pressing the pressure points so my right sides are functioning. They made me to be a right hander.
Jarmila Groth

Good morning. Did you think at one stage that she might quit the match?

No, I mean, I really wished so. I was like, Please. No, I'm just kidding, of course.
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

No comments: