Tuesday, September 7, 2010

U.S. Open--what they said

She's just so feisty that you have to kind of keep her at bay.
Venus Williams, referring to Francesca Schiavone

A lot of times, I felt like I didn't know what to do--step forward, step back...
Kim Clijsters

I'm so angry. Instead of attacking and going for the lines, I should have played a little safer and put the ball in.
Francesca Schiavone

You've been here before, obviously, but do you feel any responsibility...like "I'm carrying America's hope" now that you're the last one?
If I felt like that, I don't think I'd be able to even raise my arms.
Venus Williams

They shouldn't let woman ushers work this long a day, should they, John?
Pam Shriver, to John McEnroe, after an usher let spectators in at the wrong time

1 comment:

svente said...

Hahahaha, ah, Pam Shriver.