Thursday, September 9, 2010

Miscellany

Mary Joe Fernandez has signed a contract with the USTA that will extend her role as captain of the USA Fed Cup team for two more years.

It isn't your imagination that players ignore the 20-second service rule.

Caroline Wozniacki hit with Novak Djokovic today.

"I'm not the player I was two years ago," Anne Keothavong recently told the BBC. Keothavong says that various injuries have kept her from being as fit as she should be. "Who knows what's going to happen?" she said. "I'm going to need time to reassess and decide what I want to do."

Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova will enter the top 20 next week.

Birthday girl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fernandez, has another two year contract, Hmmm.... that's nice

Anonymous said...

Who called Vera a girl? ;)

Diane said...

I should have known someone would go for that. It's not like we don't all say birthday boy.....