Thursday, May 20, 2010

Miscellany

Christina McHale has withdrawn from French Open junior competition, but may play in the U.S. Open junior tournament. McHale, who has a wild card into the main draw at Roland Garros, has not yet given up her amateur status.

You can see and hear the Women's Tennis Blog interview with Chris Evert here.

The Queen (not Evert--the other queen) will attend Wimbledon on June 23, for the first time in 33 years.

The last time an unseeded woman won the French Open was 1933.

Heather Watson turned 18 yesterday.

Here is Anne Keothavong's new Wilson Apparel photo.

3 comments:

Marija said...

Diane, thank you for mentioning my interview with Evert on your blog. I suppose that is the sign you like it. :) I'm very happy if that's the case.

Diane said...

Oh yes, Marija, I really do. I was a huge Evert fan when she was on the tour, and I was so thrilled to meet her a couple of years ago (I probably acted like a fool, in fact).

Good job!

Marija said...

Diane, ahahah you acted like a fool, it happens to everyone. :) I think I kept my composure during the interview. :)