Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Henin's rivals are laying it on

The cream cheese, that is. In the quarterfinal of the Australian Open, Maria Sharapova handed Justine Henin a second-set bagel. Today, the dreaded snack came from Serena Williams, who allowed Henin to win a total of two games in their match. Henin's second serve was a disaster, and she was broken six times. From what I heard, Williams was moving very well and using a nice variety of shots against the shot-maker.

Williams def. Henin, 6-2, 6-0

This makes ten bagels, by the way. Add to the previous list the Williams-Henin 6-0, and also the 6-0 third set Vera Zvonareva won over Ai Sugiyama last night.

2 comments:

Herzblut said...

I saw it live on Eurosport.....Serena was on great form, and looked as fit as a flea ....

Diane said...

I wish I had seen it. I felt pretty strongly that Serena was going to win, but I didn't see the scoreline coming.