Monday, August 30, 2010

U.S. Open--what they said

...the doctor told me that she didn't think I was going to grow much more. It was a pretty sad day.
Melanie Oudin

How do you feel about a potential matchup with Melanie Oudin in the third round, should you both get that far?
Ah, you are flying too much.
Francesca Schiavone

Your next opponent is a 19-year-old Australian. What do you know of Sally Peers?

That she's a 19-year-old Australian.
Kim Clijsters

I was just happy to have the shoes.
Martina Navratilova
(responding to a question about whether she ever had anything imprinted on her shoes)

Do you think people were attracted to you, to your game, because you took such risks, in the final, especially?
...I attract them because I'm beautiful. ...No, you have to ask to them why they come to watch me, but I'm really happy.
Francesca Schiavone

I took that loss quite hard and there were a lot of things to get over after that match but it was one of those things that would make me or break me.
Elena Baltacha, on her loss to Petra Martic at Wimbledon (she beat Martic today)

Obviously, you know, hopefully not Wednesday, but hopefully she can do well, you know, and have a really good career.
Kim Clijsters, referring to her 2nd round opponent

What were your thoughts on John Isner's match at Wimbledon and how he's handled all of the attention since?
Well, I know that he's probably more sick of talking about his Wimbledon match, more than I'm sick of talking about last year's US Open.
Melanie Oudin

2 comments:

svente said...

Great Quotes! My faves:

Clisters: That she's a 19-year-old Australian.

Hahahhahaha!


Schiavone: ...I attract them because I'm beautiful.

Awesome!

Diane said...

I wish there were an interview with Schiavone every day.