Sunday, October 5, 2008

Groenefeld and Schnyder win Porsche Tennis Grand Prix

The recently formed doubles team of Anna-Lena Groenefeld and Patty Schnyder has taken the 2008 title in Stuttgart. Groenefeld and Schnyder defeated the number 1 seeds, Kveta Peschke and Rennae Stubbs, 6-2, 6-4.

Groenfeld is in the midst of what looks like an important comeback, and Schnyder is playing some very good tennis at the time, so this partnership can only increase the confidence of both players, and give them some valuable time at the net.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Great result. I hope they play together more, I think they would make a good team, with ALG's power, schnyders court craft, both with excellent serves and volleys. I think they could be a team to contend at the slams.

Diane said...

I think they make a good team, too, and hope they stick together. I think the only obstacle would be that one or both decides that doubles is getting in the way.