Thursday, October 30, 2008

Safina recants talk of boycott

After learning that the Moscow Open will have no limits on top players in 2009, Dinara Safina--who had talked about a player boycott of the tour--has toned down her rhetoric. Safina is now saying that she withhold judgment of the new tour calendar:

I support the direction the tour is taking--especially as it relates to steps taken to create a healthier calendar for top players--though I of course want to wait and see how the Road Map develops before coming to final opinions on the many reforms that will part of the new system. I do hope that I and other top players will have an opportunity to sit with the tour leadership in the coming weeks to discuss certain elements of the Road Map where I think there is still room for improvement.

No comments: