Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Passing shots in Paris

I've really enjoyed the French Open site's "Road to Roland Garros" videos. My favorites among the women are Daniela Hantuchova and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, both of whom manage to put on little shows during the brief ride. If you haven't seen them, take the time to do so. Hantuchova does a scene from "Gladiator," and Pavlyuchenkova sings--oh, you have to hear it yourself.

Another piece of video I like is Mary Carillo's "artist" piece on Francesca Schiavone.

Vania King talks about  how playing on clay has changed for her.

Katarina Srebotnik, Nadia Petrova, Jarmila Gajdosova, and Casey Dellacqua have all made it to the French Open mixed doubles semifinals.

What happens to players a year after they win the French Open?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two comments:

1) Tennis pro's and the Gladiator. Seems to be a connection. I've never seen the movie, but my all time favorite pro said that was her favorite movie, and that was back around 2002. Is there a reason that the pro's would like this movie?

2) (Honestly unrelated to 1) I wonder why they didn't do a "road back to RG with Francesca. The cynical me thinks it might be money related, but hopefully there is another answer. Or maybe I just missed her spot?