Wednesday, May 25, 2011

French Open--what they said

I fought like mad as usual, but this wasn't enough today....
Alize Cornet

I don't think I'm a player who can win here. I haven't reached past the third round here. I don't count myself.
Julia Goerges

I stopped being superstitious after the French Open in 2009. Before then, I always wanted to wear the same thing after I won. It meant I had to wash my clothes every day, because I didn't want to put on new ones. Then I got tired of it.
Sam Stosur

The rally at the beginning of the third set was so tough that she suffered physically....She couldn't stand three sets.
Marion Bartoli, referring to Olga Govortsova

Do you have concerns for the rest of your career? Do you reckon you can be back to the level you had when you were in the top 20?
Concerns? I'm 20. If I declare myself dead at the age of 20, that would be bad.
Alize Cornet

No comments: