Friday, May 30, 2014

French Open--what they said

If I got a wild card into Wimbledon, I would pass out right now.
Taylor Townsend

...I think she’s very unique. She has great hands. She has power, and we always say she really is retro to the new age. She has everything, and she has both, so it’s just a matter of putting it all together.
Zina Garrison, referring to Townsend

After seeing the two first seeds go out, you kind of feel like, "I can do this, too."
Ajla Tomljanovic

I have beaten her before. I know what it takes. I know I have to play very well against her. I know there are certain things I have to do well and if I don't, then it makes life very, very tough that day.
Sam Stosur, on playing Sharapova

I don't think it was my day today.
Agnieszka Radwanska

I know everyone always says it, but it really works.
Ajla Tomljanovic, on the subject of "one match at a time"

It's difficult to find your rhythm against her, but I managed the game.
Carla Suarez Navarro

Jamais, jamais, jamais, jamais, jamais.
Marion Bartoli, on a possible comeback

No comments: