Sunday, May 25, 2014

French Open--what they said

Playing Chrissie was like having someone stiff-arming you in the chest, just holding you back. She didn't topple you over, but you couldn't move forward.
Julie Anthony 

How would you compare your form this year on the clay compared to last year?Well, I was in really top form last year on the clay, or at least I thought I was. This year I'm just going day by day.
Serena Williams

It hadn't even occurred to my mind that it could happen.
Alize Lim, on learning that she would play Serena

...I think when I just broke myself in the end of the first set I think I was more confident, and then I think I started to play much better.
Agnieszka Radwanska

If Pervak should somehow upset Sharapova on Monday, she would earn a rest day in the sun on Tuesday, which would be a perfect way to celebrate her 23rd birthday. Maria though is unlikely to be in the mood for gifts.
Andrew Brenner

Li Na--doesn't matter how easy her draw is, her draw will always contain herself....
Courtney Nguyen

It was an odd thing with Chris. She didn't seem that fast, but man, the amount of court you could hit into got small and the amount you had to cover felt big.
Pam Shriver

No comments: