Sunday, January 27, 2013

Australian Open--what they said

I don’t rate my chances. I never look at statistics, I just try and make it happen.
Victoria Azarenka

Did you hit together before you got here?

I think we just warm up together, and that was kind of the thing. "Oh, do you want to hit for 20?" "Oh, okay, well, let's hit." So that was about our training session and preparation for the mixed, so I think we should try that for singles, too.
Jarmila Gajdosova

How did you come together? How did you decide to play?
I chased her up. Back in December I got hold of her number from a secret person, and she was over in America and I just texted her hoping that she would she would be available to play or wanted to play. You know, she's been to the semifinals of other Grand Slams twice with another partner who she sometimes plays with, but he wasn't available so she said, "All right. Let's do it."
Matthew Ebden

Jarka, what went through your mind when you had to step up and serve for the match?
First I always listen to what he says. He's the calming part of my game. And also, he usually tells me where he prefers that I serve so he can help me at the net. So I was mainly waiting for the instruction and I was trying to concentrate to hit a good serve so he can do his Ninja skills on the net.
Jarmila Gajdosova

From everything bad or wrong that happens, I try to take the most positive that happens. In that particular moment you think, "What can I take positive from here?" In the moment you try to stay positive; I guess I’m pretty tough.
Victoria Azarenka

No comments: