Tuesday, August 26, 2014

U.S. Open--what they said

She raises her hand like she’s in school.
Chris Evert, describing Taylor Townsend’s challenge gesture

This is such a different atmosphere here in New York. Some people love it here. How do you respond to this kind of tournament? 
I'm not really this person, really love it. But that's the Grand Slam, it's important one. Yeah, I mean, if I'm comparing with Wimbledon, it's really big difference. It's more crowd, it's more big show, something like that. So it's not really my person....
Petra Kvitova

Do you think it's feasible to display a clock so that the players, the fans, and a chair ump could see the time tick off? 
Yeah. We actually had a meeting about that couple weeks ago. Yeah, I don't think that would be a bad idea. You know where you stand. Yep, that's it. That's what we've gotta do.
Sam Stosur

You're actually trending on Twitter now. If you had a hashtag to sum up this afternoon, what would it be?
I know some of my friends were doing hashtag like, take down Cibulkova, something like that. I know three of my friends did that, I guess.
CiCi Bellis

You're probably too young to know much about Carling Bassett, but I'm wondering what kind of Canadian tennis influence you have had, if any?
I never had any Canadian tennis influences. I looked up to the best: Steffi Graf, Maria Sharapova. I remember watching Monica Seles playing. Any great champions I looked up to.
Genie Bouchard

No comments: