Friday, August 29, 2014

U.S. Open--what they said

I'm just going to the hairdresser, manicure--who cares about tennis, right?
Jelena Jankovic

Every time I play against her she won against me very easy. So I thought that I had to make my level higher, try to be much more aggressive than any time, and try to keep focus every point. Even if I'm going down like in the second, just keep going and try to be focus as I can.
Sara Errani

How happy are you with the way that you are playing, the way you're handling pressure, and how much confidence do you feel going into the fourth round?
How happy? Now I'm still happy. I don't know, because every day you have like a different feeling, you know. Like when I play Aga I think I play really good tennis, and then even today was also good. And then I don't know how it's in Sunday. I hope I will be same.Yeah.
Peng Shuai

Yeah, doubles teams come and go, but we stick together. Why not, though? She plays so well. I think she can rely on me out there, as well. It's a match made in heaven maybe.
Venus Williams

...yeah, at 19, I did not know what was going on. I had a big chance. You know, I was up against Justine Henin a set and 4-2, 40-15. I had the whole match in my hand and I was thinking about celebrating and I'm going in the finals. Of course at the time I was inexperienced. I didn't know what's happening. I was just a child, and, you know, I was playing so well, though...
Jelena Jankovic

It's only been 15 years since you got to the second week of a slam. It's not that long.
I know, right? I feel good about the fact I'm 32 and I'm still here. After so many matches I feel fit. I feel strong. I still have a few years to catch up to Kimiko, so I'm good.
Mirjana Lucic-Baroni

No comments: