Wednesday, June 2, 2010

French Open--what they said

Had I played better for two minutes, maybe the result could have been different. But it didn't work out....
Serena Williams

How does your body cope now after those two physically and mentally difficult matches?
I actually feel good. No problems. I mean, I'll take it easy tonight, but so far, feeling pretty good. Nothing hurts when you win, I guess.
Sam Stosur

She's a good athlete, and she been getting most of my balls. I was trying to attack, but still she was getting and I was getting tired. And she's also playing hard. Suzanne Lenglen Stadium is very slippery, and in the first set it was very tough for me. After I change my shoes, it was a little bit easier to run.
Yaroslava Shvedova

She played really well in the beginning, especially in the beginning of the first set. She was really loose; she was going after her shots; she did really no mistake; she served very well, had a lot of first serves in. But then I just tried to stay positive, and I waited for my chances. I started to get, you know, a look at her second serve. That's where I tried to be aggressive, and I tried to attack and put pressure on her. That was the key, especially in that first set. Because then she backed up, and I could, you know, play more offensively and take that first set. It was tough. I mean, she played really well.
Jelena Jankovic

I never think I lost until I'm shaking hands. Sometimes I don't believe it after that, either.
Serena Williams

No comments: