Tuesday, May 27, 2014

French Open--what they said

Nobody say if you are number 2 in the world, you have to win all the matches.
Li Na

...the pressure has been building up around me for the last few weeks, and I couldn't be the person I usually am. Sometimes stress can be positive, but this time I didn't manage it.
Caroline Garcia

I think I have big muscles and I have to recover them very well.
Simona Halep
 
Every Grand Slam has a particularly different atmosphere.  When you're on a court like that, do you hear the saxophone and the accordion being played outside the court?
I didn't today because the crowd was so loud. I feel like ever year I play here I get such good support.  Just the atmosphere, loads of them are British. They've got the British flags. I just feel like they're really loud here....
Heather Watson

Instead, it was the Pastry who raced to a 5-1 lead, while Li somewhat played the role of an abandoned amusement park. So much fun could be had there, but...ummm, it wasn't happening on this day.
Todd Spiker

I really believed in myself from the beginning, before the match.
Kristina Mladenovic

I have no pain so far, so knock on wood....
Andrea Petkovic

I had my feet stuck on the ground, and when you play Ivanovic, things go very fast and you need to be very fast on your legs. I was totally stuck. So I was like a tractor out there.
Caroline Garcia
 
...I think today, I just give it away, for the match.
Li Na

No comments: