Monday, August 29, 2011

U.S. Open--what they said

After I warm up, I take a shower, I put my clothes on, I can even fall asleep. I can just wake up in one second, and I do some footwork drills and I’m ready to go.
Vera Zvonareva

I just remember I lost, and that was that. I got really popular; a lot of people were telling me I was, like, super cool, that they never saw me so intense.
Serena Williams, on the 2009 U.S. Open foot fault incident

She's the type of player who needs to remind herself about the feet.
Tracy Austin, observing Maria Sharapova

I absolutely loved the atmosphere today. I thought everyone was going to be supporting Maria.
Heather Watson

You know, I've always wanted to win the U.S. Open Series, so I can check that off the list.  I just have a couple more checks and then it will be good.
Serena Williams

I was four, and I walked through my parents' bedroom.  I think they were watching Wimbledon or something, and I decided I wanted Venus's dress.  They told me if I played tennis they'd buy me a tennis dress.  I said, All right, I'll try it. I have been playing ever since.
Madison Keys

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather Watson is such a delightful girl...I saw a piece on her by the English media, and she is so sweet, with a great sense of humour.

Love the story behind Madison Key's beginnings in tennis!

-Karolina

Diane said...

She really is delightful, and it was good to see her hang in the way she did.

www.pontevedra-3d.com said...

This will not work as a matter of fact, that's what I consider.