Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Oudin enters Family Circle Cup

Melanie Oudin has entered the 2011 Family Circle Cup, which will be played in Charleston April 2-10. Oudin has a 5-2 record at the event, which she began playing in 2009. That year, she received a wild card into the qualifying rounds, and reached the third round of the main draw, in which she was defeated by Marion Bartoli. Last year, Oudin reached the quarterfinals, and lost to eventual finalist Vera Zvonareva.

Following her 2010 quarterfinal appearance, Oudin reached her career-high ranking of number 31 in the world; she is currently ranked number number 61. The 19-year-old recently scored the USA Fed Cup team's only victory in the Fed Cup final by defeating French Open champion Francesca Schiavone

7 comments:

Daniel said...

The semifinal Saturday exhibition at the FCC in 2011 will feature Andre Agassi, Steffi Graf, Todd Martin, Tracy Austin...not sure if you got that flyer or not

Diane said...

I did. I didn't go last year, and I don't imagine I'll go this year. After being there all day every day, I need a break on Saturday night. Nice line-up, though.

Daniel said...

I said I would never go again since it was nothing but drunken fools screaming at Kournikova all night...but I've NEVER seen Graf play in person...she's cancelled twice in the past after I've bought tickets to charity events...so I'm expecting a thunderstorm, appendicitis, car wreck, etc....

Diane said...

Don't forget tornado!

Daniel said...

UGH!! Did you just get the email from FCC? I called....Agassi may have to pull out b/c of surgery (she didn't say where)....they will know within a week or 2 if they are still able to play or not. I TOLD YOU!!

Diane said...

I did see that.

I've been to only two exhibitions in my life. Once, I went because I knew it would be my only chance to see Bjorn Borg. The other occurred spontaneously after an injury pull-out (Zvonareva's wrist) at the FCC several years ago. Dulko, Pennetta, Srebotnik, Huber, and Lynn Welch. One of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life. Unfortunately, no one made a videotape of it. Were you there? We still laugh about it--Dulko, in particular, was a riot, but Pennetta, Welch and Srebotnik were hilarious, too.

Daniel said...

no, I missed that year b/c I was on 4th year rotations in pharmacy school....the best one I've ever seen was Jana Novotna using a baseball mitt and catching serves hit to her by Brady Anderson up in Baltimore in the late 90s. I also missed the tornado at the FCC by 20 minutes when we decided to leave just before it hit.