Thursday, June 3, 2010

French Open--what they said

So today I just tried to do exactly that: make it about the tennis and playing the points. I think if I can do that, then it becomes a bit easier out there and you don't get wound up in any situation. But it's not easy to do that all the time, and you can go in and out of it. But today it was just next point, give me the balls, and we'll go again. So, I mean, that's the goal every time, but it doesn't always happen.
Sam Stosur

...I'm not going to Eastbourne because of this injury. I have to withdraw, because I really need some time. But I'm not sure if I will be able to play Wimbledon.
Elena Dementieva

I just felt flat. So every time, you know, I felt late. I felt like too far from the ball. I never hit a clean ball.
Jelena Jankovic

I was still getting my ankle taped as Elena was walking off the court. So quickly finished that and got organized.
Sam Stosur

...So was happy to catch that set. Then when I see I was ready to take towel, I did like this, and I saw her too close. I say, Maybe something happen. And for ten seconds, I don't know how many seconds, but I couldn't realize. Then I know when you shake the hands, it's finish. So then my mind came where I was.
Francesca Schiavone

I had medication; I had a painkiller; I had an antiinflammation and all the tape that I could try. But, I mean, nothing has been working at that point. So I don't think I could have something extra to make it, you know, magic move.
Elena Dementieva

In the previous round when you played Serena and she had match point, that match point just barely went out, you know, like maybe a couple inches. How did you watch that ball, and what did you feel in that moment?It kind of felt like it was in slow motion. It was kind of just floating through. I heard the linesman call, Out. It was like it didn't really happen. I had to watch him put his arm out, and then I realized that I was still in the match. Definitely held my breath for a second there.
Sam Stosur

I don't even know who that was on the court.
Jelena Jankovic

Is why is that success coming so late for you?
Why late? I think everybody are different. Could be late for you, could be good for you. I think it's my time now. Maybe before I wasn't ready. Maybe before I had the chance I didn't catch, so I think now I have just to live and to keep going to work like I did for many years.
Francesca Schiavone

...I think Samantha has a very big chance. She played so well this tournament, and she has beaten, you know, I think the favorites of this tournament. So I think she has a good chance. You know, she's playing very, very well. I think she'll do it.
Jelena Jankovic, on Stosur's chances to win the championship

Have you ever been so shocked in a tennis match?
Yeah, there are many things that the woman do that can shock you. Whoo!
Francesca Schiavone

No comments: