Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Australian Open--what they said

I was thinking "I can't lose, I can't lose," and then I would go out in the first round.
Li Na

I'm just enjoy to be there where I am right now, and just having fun on the court and off site.
Angelique Kerber

How did you get from lawyers' kid, especially two working lawyers, to become a tennis player at this level?
Complete luck. No one in my family plays tennis.  I just came upon it one day.  Just thought, Hey, I'll try it.  You know, it's worked out pretty well.
Madison Keys

Everyone can beat another one.
Li Na

She changes her grip--she kind of does a frying pan grandmother swat.
Pam Shriver

2 comments:

JIm Lumpkin said...

Who changes her grip? It's not evident to me.

Diane said...

I can no longer recall who the player was, but whoever it was did a quick change of grip before hitting--a volley or half-volley (I just don't recall).