Thursday, June 26, 2014

Wimbedon--what they said

I want to get further and beat these top players. I can't hope for a good draw. I've just got to make it happen. I'm positive about my game. I feel like it's a lot stronger than it has been. I'm getting a lot more consistent results.
Heather Watson

I think she has a great future. She played well. She hits the balls very fast, and deep (down) the lines. She's a very tough opponent, so you need to beat her. I actually expected a match like that.
Angelique Kerber, referring to Watson

I think Genie prefers grass more to clay. I prefer clay to grass. I know it's going to be really, really tough and a lot will depend on the serve, how well I move after the serve, because she returns so aggressively.
Andrea Petkovic
 
I’m trying to figure out when this is going to end. I’m really losing focus up here.
Serena Williams, at her post-match press conference

2 comments:

Overhead Spin said...

I think confirmation did come on the coaching change re Sloane. I understand she will be working with Etienne Dumas

Diane said...

Oh, thanks for that, Karen. I'm glad she has someone already.