Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sweeping the court

Victoria Azarenka, still out with a foot injury, has withdrawn from both Rome and Madrid.

Andy Murray has made a list of possible coaches, and at least one of them is a woman. A few years ago, Fed Cup captain Amelie Mauresmo was on the short list of candidates to become the French Davis Cup captain.

I'm posting this a little late, but you can still get to know Jana Cepelova. I recommend it, in fact.

Laura Robson is working with Virgin Active to find a couple of young tennis stars.

The WTA still isn't offering any official gear for fans to buy. Nothing has been available since the tour became the WTA again and not the Sony Ericsson WTA. What is that about? My Sony Ericsson WTA shirt wore out a long time ago. I still have my (much better quality) "Get In Touch With Your Feminine Side" (my favorite of all the WTA promotional themes) shirt, but--unless you're a teenager--how many places can you wear a tiny hot pink shirt that has the words I'M IN TOUCH in huge letters on the front?

3 comments:

Todd.Spiker said...

At least some fashionable earplugs with the WTA logo on them, right, considering they've been so preoccupied with that issue since the logo change? ;)

Diane said...

Could also be used when you watch ESPN!

Eric said...

But then we'd miss out on all the insightful commentary.