Monday, April 5, 2010

Miscellany

Venus Williams has still not made a decision about playing in the Fed Cup semifinal the last weekend in April. “I don't think [USA captain Mary Joe Fernandez] wants to talk to me about Fed Cup right now," Williams said. "Wouldn't be the best answer right now. I think she has been smart enough not ask me about Fed Cup." Miami finalist Williams said she wants to see how she feels physically following playing every round of the Sony Ericsson Open.

Chris Oddo writes about the disappearance of the one-handed backhand in women's tennis.

What becomes of top-ranked junior players?

Andrea Petkovic had to withdraw from Marbella because of hay fever.

Something I should have mentioned earlier: Tennis TV has enhanced its interface to permit the viewing of a small desktop screen. Also added is a section wherein one can view ball placement.

The Heroes Among Us program is again open for nominations.

No comments: