Tuesday, September 1, 2009

U.S. Open miscellany

I'm probably in the minority, but I liked Edina Gallovits' somewhat retro tennis outfit. I also really like Venus's latest ELEVEN ensemble, though I'm sure it isn't everyone's cup of tea, either.

I eventually had to turn the sound off while Jeff Tarango and Al Trautwig called the Lisicki-Rezai match. The sexism was hard enough to bear, but the almost total lack of knowledge of the players and the endless yuk-yuk blathering was too much for me. U.S. Open Live--please inflict these two on the men's tour. Or even better--get them off the air.

Speaking of the U.S. Open livestream--the glitches aren't out of the system yet. This morning, the commentary for the Tsonga match was broadcast when Kuznetsova played Goerges.

Thanks to Colette for pointing out that I wasn't getting all of the doubles draw in my browser. Some of the bottom section was cut off. Correction made.

The current issues of both Tennis and USTA magazines feature some good articles on the U.S. Open. The former contains a preview, and the latter focuses on history.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

The problem wasn't just on the livestream--the audio was off on the DiirecTv coverage, too.

sex shop discreto said...

Goodness, there's a great deal of useful info in this post!