Sunday, June 1, 2014

French Open--what they said

Sharapova didn't even bother to RSVP, she just crashed through the front door.
Todd Spiker

I was really mentally prepared for anything, for a battle.
Eugenie Bouchard

How quickly things can turn. I don't think I did much wrong. It was just one of those things. You miss a ball, she hits a good serve next one, play a sloppy game, and all of a sudden, you're even--and she runs away with it.
Sam Stosur

I didn't play my best tennis today. I couldn't find my rhythm. I was completely not on the court. I was there and I was trying to come back, but I just wasn't feeling the ball, and it was really tough. I don't really know what happened.
Angelique Kerber

It was difficult to return her serve. Although I was able to break her, I wasn't feeling comfortable.
Carla Suarez Navarro

Of course, now I'm very happy what I did. But I want to continue.
Garbine Muguruza
 
Why wouldn't there be? I'm in a Grand Slam fourth round. I lost in the fourth round of the Australian Open. I lost the first set playing an opponent who's played a great tournament so far. There's no reason why I should be walking around with my head down.
Maria Sharapova, on her display of intense emotion 

Eugenie, did you have a plane to catch today?
Nope.
Eugenie Bouchard

2 comments:

Todd.Spiker said...

Well, we know that Sharapova quote would never come from a Current version of certain U.S. player, don't we?

When -- or if -- it can, things will have changed. A chance for such progress comes tomorrow vs. Halep. We shall see.

Diane said...

Well, there you are--and Simona was playing only so-so today. Clutch when she saw the end in sight, though.