Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sweeping the court

The USTA has extended its Green Initiative at the U.S. Open. 

Casey Dellacqua is a new mom. Her baby, Blake Benjamin, is three weeks old.

Clever headlines are everywhere, I know, but ESPN's headline about Vicky Duval, Victoria No Longer A Secret, did make me smile.
 
When Tennis Channel began live streaming last year through its app, all you had to do was log in with your Tennis Channel info and you could watch, but now you have to go through your ISP. Unfortunately, my ISP has not joined this online partnership. The same thing happened a few years ago with ESPN3, but when that change was made (from using an ESPN login to using an ISP login), I had better luck; my ISP had signed on. Tennis Channel is working on getting more of its ISPs to participate.

Well, if I needed a Destroyer to shoot flames, I'd choose Serena. Even without the gun.

Anna-Lena Groenefeld and Alexander Peya are the top seeds in mixed doubles competition at the U.S. Open. Sloane Stephens is playing mixed with Jack Sock, Melanie Oudin's former partner (they won the Open in 2011).

No comments: