Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Passing shots

Agnieszka Radwanska will be featured in ESPN's 2013 Body Issue, which hits the stands on July 12.

David Ferrer likes Ana Ivanovic for the cover of FHM.

The National Obesity Forum (yes, only in Great Britain could something be called that) is going after Maria Sharapova for pushing candy onto Britain's youth. This isn't the first time that Sharapova has been criticized for selling a sugar product (Sugarpova, to be specific), and I'm sure it won't be the last, but we may not see this again: The NOF accused Sharapova "of being 'irresponsible' for using her role model status to promote unhealthy eating and failing to identify the difference between snacking and excessive consumption." Oh, that 'Pova--she just can't keep her role model status self out of trouble, can she?

Victoria Azarenka reports that an MRI showed no structural damage to her knee.

Serena Williams has now won 32 straight matches. Williams is the first player to have that long a streak since Justine Henin marked 32 matches in 2007-2008.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of "sugarpova". A dentist's delight. But with all the jokes about British teeth, I'm not surprised they talk about obesity rather than tooth decay.

Diane said...

That made me laugh at loud.

Eric said...

me too.

Love this quote from Serena:

So I think I take more pride into every stroke, into every tournament that I play, into every match that I play, and I think that's one big change that has happened in my career.

I feel like that's such an accurate assessment from her. I could never buy that she's chasing history and legacy because that's just not Serena. I think it's a goal...but I think taking pride in the process and the product is much more tangible for her.

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the dental joke.

I've enjoyed your blog for years.

Nice to know a comment gave you a laugh - thanks!