Tuesday, June 4, 2013

French Open--what they said

I was really trying to play aggressive and not in the one spot, going down the lines. It was the key, but she's very good runner as well.
Agnieszka Radwanska

We were fighting, competing against each other, doing anything to win. We were girls at a young age that had rivalries.
Jelena Jankovic, recalling when she and Sharapova trained together

Sometimes she was too clever for her own good.
Steve Tignor, writing about Agnieszka Radwanska

She's playing much more consistent than maybe she's done in the last couple of years, which is nice to see, because she was at a level that she has maintained for quite a bit of time. She's a tough opponent.
Maria Sharapova, commenting on Jankovic

I'm glad I played her in Madrid because I know she's here to play and she's here to compete. She's so serious. I can be ready for that.
Serena Williams, on Sara Errani

It’s my stage in life.
Jelena Jankovic, on playing on show courts at big events

It was a very tough match today, but it's good for me because, I don't know, but it's very good. I am exhausted.
Serena Williams

No comments: