Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Passing shots

Kim Clijsters has withdrawn from Indian Wells. Clijsters continues to have problems with her ankle injury.

Paola Suarez returned to doubles play today, but unfortunately, she and partner Gisela Dulko lost in the first round in Bogota.

Paula Ormaechea beat Jelena Dockic, one of her childhood idols, in the first round in Bogota.

I regret that I didn't mention this last week, but just for the record, Kimiko Date-Krumm wrote what I thought was one of the best tournament (Pattaya City) blogs ever.

Lindsay Davenport, who had her third child last month, will play World Team Tennis for the Orange County Breakers this July.

And that reminds me that, last night, Tennis Channel showed the 2005 Wimbledon women's final. It was really great to see such a terrific final again.

3 comments:

Bobby C. said...

Agree completely about KDK's blog, Diane -- it was fabulous! Loved every one.

Roi said...

And we will have a new singles titleist at Bogota, now that Mariana Duque lost in quarters!

Diane said...

I saw that. Gallovits is one of those players about whom I ask: Why doesn't she win more often, at least on clay?

Kimiko--the greatest.